POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bliss wallpaper : Bliss wallpaper Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:35:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bliss wallpaper
From: Tek
Date: 9 Jun 2003 13:50:09
Message: <3ee4c8d1@news.povray.org>
This is my povray version of Win XP's "bliss" wallpaper. This is the hi-res
version of the one I posted in reply to Rohan Bernett's image creation challenge
(on this group a few days ago).

The same info as before for anyone who missed it: The hill is a bicubic_patch
covered with 4,000,000 blades of grass! (a mesh of 100,000 unique ones
duplicated 40 times). Lighting is using Jaime Vives-Piqueres' lighting macros to
get realistic sun light. No radiosity, just a few shadowless lights to fake
radiosity from the sky. Also no fog, the distant mountains are tinted blue :)
The clouds use a very tubulent leopard pattern with some cunning trickery to
make them look shaded, they're just flat on the sky_sphere. The mountains are
just a wrinkle pattern. I've posted the source to p.b.s-f because there's some
nice macros I think I should share :)

What do you think?
--
Tek